Citizen Complaints

If you feel there has been a violation of City code, e.g. dogs running loose/trespassing, excessive junk in a yard, lack of property maintenance, you may file a complaint with the City and the perceived violation will be investigated further.

To initiate the process, please complete the Citizen Complaint Form, below, sign and date it, and return it to City Hall.  The next step will be for an appointed official to investigate the complaint, determine if there was a violation, and proceed with further action, or not. 

Please keep in mind that a perceived violation may not be an actual code violation.  Lifestyles and standards of living vary from person to person and therefore changes may not be legally enforceable by the City. 

Any violations that are founded may take some time to resolve as the City moves through the legal process to get violators to comply.  Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

You may read more about the process by reading the Complaint Policy below.